Permaculture Farm Consultation
Farm consultation service
Whether you have established yourself on your property already and you are struggling with drought , or you are look-ing at buying land and need some advice from our experienced consultant, GLR can help you with issues you might encounter in the process.
During a farm consultation or a pre-purchase consultation, we come out to the property and spend either half a day or a full day with you, assessing all the aspects of the property and the state of the land, with your needs and goals in mind.
Education plays an important role during our consultations. We aim at empowering you to be a better caretaker of the land as a result of the consultation.
The farm consultation service concentrates on advice, information and a concept plan for your property. If you want a very detailed and in-depth design for your property, including species lists and detailed implementation plans, we refer you to our Permaculture design services.
Once you have established an interest in purchasing a particular property, you will want to make sure that the property suits your needs, goals and budget. This consultation looks at the practicality and functionality of the purchase.
We will spend time with you looking at the current state of the land, soil, water situation, buildings, energy efficiency and the risks and benefits related to the land. We will also give you suggestions and advice on how to improve the property to suit your future needs and vision. Whether you are interested in growing food, keeping animals, growing timber, regenerating the land and water systems, or all of the above, GLR can help you on your way.
As a land owner / caretaker you may run into various issues, like water shortage, erosion, drought, decreased soil fertility, high energy inputs and costs, soil toxicity, floods, fires and many more. GLR can help you find permanent solutions to these problems and improve the health, productivity and viability of your system.
This is not limited to the land itself, but also includes the design and placement of house, stables and sheds, which are focused around comfort, energy efficiency, productivity and aesthetics.
An area of particular expertise of GLR is tree placement and land repair. Trees have environmental, economical and social benefits. They moderate climatic conditions, provide shade and oxygen, improve air quality, conserve water, provide habitat for wildlife, solve and prevent erosion, pacify floods, suppress winds and dust and earn carbon credits. We work with our clients on the landscape design and placement of the appropriate trees for your region and requirements. We also give you advice on tree care once the trees are in, so that you will have the biggest survival rates.
The consultation process
1. Pre-visit: we will need some details about the property, like the annual rainfall, prevailing winds, history of the land, the district it is in, any Landcare issues and what your goals, needs and budget are. You’ll also need to send us a contour map and Google Earth map with coordinates.
2. On-site visit: we will go around the property with you, assessing the state of the land and the various aspects like water, soil , infrastructure, existing systems. We will help you identify areas of the property that are of particular potential, like dams, swales, house sites, etc.
3. Consolidation of observations and information: we will make a concept plan showing options and suggestions for further developing and improving the property. We’ll discuss with you the observed limitations and opportunities of the property in relation to your goals, needs, time and budget, and will answer any questions you might have.
– Half day consultation: 1 hr research pre-visit, 2-3 hrs on site. From $310, excl. travel.
– Full day consultation: 2 hr research pre-visit, 5-6 hrs on site. From $550, excl. travel.
– Our travel expenses are $0,81 / km from Pialligo, ACT, to the site and return.
Global Land Repair accepted payments via, Direct Debit, Cheque, Credit Card & PayPal.
Deposit is required 7 days prior to consultation and full payment on completion of the consultation unless other arrangements are made in advance.
* Price is PLUS GST. GST has not been included in this price list.